Dwight E. Waddell
Areas of interest:
- Gait and Postural Control
- Cognitive Neuroscience/Neuropsychology
- Computer Brain Interfaces
- OCD/ADHD, Tourette’s
- Public Health
- Associate Professor – Electrical Engineering
- Academic Program Director – General Engineering
- Biomedical Emphasis Coordinator – School of Engineering
- Research Associate Professor – Computer and Information Science
- Research Associate Professor – Health, Exercise Science and Recreation Management
Recent Publications (Where available, click on link)
- Christopher D. Black, Dwight E. Waddell and Alexander R. Gonglach, Caffeine’s Ergogenic Effects on Cycling Performance: Neuromuscular and Perceptual Factors, Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, In Press (2014).
- Morris CE, Loftin JM, Owens SG, Waddell DE, Bass MA, and Bentley JP. Cross-Validation of a Recently Published Equation Predicting Energy Expenditure to Run or Walk a Mile in Normal Weight and Overweight Adults. Measurement in Physical Education and Exercise Science, Vol 18(1), June, 2014.
- Shinichi Amano, Joe Nocera, Srikant Vallabhajosula, Jorge Juncos, Bob Gregor, Dwight Waddell, Steve Wolf, and Chris Hass, The effect of Tai Chi exercise on gait initiation and gait performance in persons with Parkinson’s disease, Parkinsonism & Related Disorders – 2013 Nov;19(11):955-60.
- C. Brewer, J. Hallam, J. Bentley, and D. Waddell, Validation of an Instrument to Measure the Use of Analgesics for Exercise-Associated Pain in Recreationally-Trained College-Aged Students. Journal of Strength and Conditioning, March, 2013.
- C. Brewer, and D. Waddell, The Role of Prostaglandin F2α in Skeletal Muscle Regeneration, Trainology, December 2012; 1(2), pages 45-52.
- D. Waddell, P. Goggans, and G. Snyder. Novel Tactile Feedback to Reduce Overt Stuttering, NeuroReport, 2012, Aug 22; 23(12):727-30.
- Kristina Makey, Sharla Patterson, James Robinson, Mark Loftin, Dwight Waddell, Lucio Miele, Edmund Chinchar, Min Huang, Andrew Smith, Mark Weber, and Jian-Wei Gu. Increased plasma levels of soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1 (sFlt-1) in women by moderate exercise and increased plasma levels of vascular endothelial growth factor in overweight/obese women, European Journal of Cancer Prevention Research, 2013, 2013 Jan;22(1):83-9.
- Gamble A, Waddell D, Ford MA, Woodyard, CD, Bentley JP, and Hallam JS. Obesity and health risk of children in the Mississippi Delta, Journal of School Health, 2012, 82(10), 478–483.
- Fei Teng, Yixin Chen, Aik Min Choong, Scott Gustafson, Christopher Reichley, Pamela Lawhead, and Dwight Waddell. Harmonics in Steady State Visual Evoked Potentials (SSVEP): Evoked by the Fundamental Frequency or the Artifacts of the Stimuli? Computational Intelligence and Neuroscience, Volume 2011, Article ID 364385, 5 pages, 2011. (doi:10.1155/2011/364385)
- Waddell, D, Nassar, S. and Gustafson, S. Single-Case Design in Psychophysiological Research: Part Two: Statistical Analytic Approaches, Journal of Neurotherapy. 2011, 15(2): 160-169. (Impact Factor: 1.77)
- Gustafson, S., Nassar, S. and Waddell, D. Single Case Design in Psychophysiological Research. Part I: Context, Structure, and Techniques. Journal of Neurotherapy, 2011, 15(1):1-17.
Recently Published Proceedings and Abstracts – Peer reviewed
- D. Waddell, H. Chander, and C. Brewer, “Exploring measures to better assess the effect of cold on dynamic balance in a young and older female population”, International Society of Posture and Gait Research, World Congress 2014, June 29 – July 3, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- Tynes, B.K., Gonglach, A.R., Waddell, D.E., Loftin, M., and Black, C.D. (2013) “The effect of exercise on mechanical pressure pain threshold in the presence and absence of delayed-onset muscle soreness.” Southeast Regional American College of Sports Medicine Annual Meeting, February, 2013.
- Gonglach, A.R., Tynes, B.K., Waddell, D.E., Loftin, M., and Black, C.D. (2013) “The Effect of Submaximal Isometric Exercise to Fatigue on Mechanical Pressure Pain Threshold in the Finger.” Southeast Regional American College of Sports Medicine Annual Meeting, February, 2013.
- DE Waddell, P M Goggans and, GJ Snyder, The use of tactile feedback to reduce overt stuttering, 42nd Annual Society for Neuroscience, October 13-17, 2012, New Orleans, LA.
- C Brewer, LB Day, and DE Waddell, Systemic detection of stable PGF2α metabolite in human plasma after localized resistance exercise, 42nd Annual Society for Neuroscience, October 13-17, 2012, New Orleans, LA.
- Brewer, C., Loftin, B., Bentley, J., and Waddell, D. Estradiol concentration and moderate exercise in females, ACSM’s 59th Annual Meeting and 3rd World Congress on Exercise is Medicine, May 29 – June 2, 2012 in San Francisco, California
- Gustafson, S., Nassar, S. and Waddell, D. The remediation of idiopathic syncope in an adult female using spectral EEG neurotherapy, 33rd Annual Meeting & Scientific Sessions of the Society of Behavioral Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana from April 11-14, 2012.
- Abigail Gamble, Jeffrey S. Hallam, John Bentley, and Dwight Waddell, The Role of Policy and the Built Environment on Children’s In-School Physical Activity in the Mississippi Delta, 2012 Active Living Research (ALR) Annual Conference, March 12-14, 2012 in San Diego, CA.